If you have a conflict after merging, don't be in a hurry, just edit with e(edit) and accept the change with r(resolved) if it is resolved.
About options in case of conflicts
- (p) postpone
- Mark the conflict to be resolved later.
- (df) diff-full
- Show differences between base revision and conflict files in a unified diff format.
- (e) edit
- Modify the merged file with the editor.
- (r) resolved
- Accept the merged version of the file.
- (mf) mine-full
- Accept the user's entire file and ignore the latest changes in the repository.
- (tf) theirs-full
- Accept the entire file on the side that conflicts with the user and ignore the latest changes in the local working copy.
- (l) launch
- Launch an external tool for conflict resolution (this requires the external tool to be configured ahead of time).
- (h) help
- Lists the options described here.
Useful reference URLs for merging
- How to specify a revision
- About the basic merging process
- About basic commands